Amaze is running a 2-hour interactive workshop for professionals working in an early childcare setting.
Conducted online, this workshop will help early childcare educators understand how to support young autistic children better.
After this workshop you will:
- Know what autism is and how it affects a child’s behaviour
- Understand how sensory processing differences impact on a child and how they engage with the environment
- Recognise the thinking styles that autistic children have and where support may be required
- Identify and apply basic support strategies to assist autistic children
- Understand how to communicate and collaborate with families
- Know your legal and learning framework obligations
- Be able to create a more inclusive environment
Tickets are available at $99 (including GST) with six sessions running from September to December:
- Wednesday, 27 April at 7.30pm – 9.30pm: Register
- Tuesday, 17 May at 7.30pm – 9.30pm: Register
- Thursday, 9 June at 7.30pm – 9.30pm: Register
This training is not suitable for parents.