Get trusted and accurate information about autism and supports in Victoria with Amaze’s Autism Advisor service, now open from 8am to 7pm, Monday to Friday.
How can we help you?
The Autism Advisor service provides information, support and referrals to assist you in identifying appropriate and relevant services. Our friendly team offers expert advice in many areas, including:
- exploring autism and autistic identity
- assessment and diagnosis
- school and education
- the NDIS
- behaviour strategies
- referrals to services
- peer support connections
- finding autism-friendly places and events.
Whether you are an autistic person, a parent or family member, or a professional, we welcome you to contact the Autism Advisor service via phone, email or webchat for a free and confidential conversation.
My son is newly diagnosed and I am very overwhelmed… The Autism Advisor I spoke to was extremely comforting and made me feel okay. I was really pleased with the amount of helpful information I received and I will definitely contact Amaze for further support. Thank you.” — Caller to the Autism Advisors
Contact the Amaze Autism Advisor service
Open from 8am to 7pm, Monday to Friday
Phone: 1300 308 699
Webchat: Click the live chat icon on your screen, or the speech bubble icons in the top menu
If you need immediate support, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Parentline on 13 22 89
Please note: this is not a counselling service, nor do we provide healthcare referrals. However, we can provide information about accessing these services.
- Lifeline offers crisis support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 13 11 14.
- Parentline is a phone service for parents and carers of children under 18 open from 8am to midnight, 7 days a week. Call 13 22 89.
- Support Groups can be a place meet others and get support from people who understand. You can find a list of Support Groups here.
- Local councils offer services and support. To find out what is offered by your council, contact your local council and ask for the Metro or Rural Access Officer.
- For respite options in your area, contact the Australian-wide Carer Gateway. The Carer Gateway provides information, advice and funded practical supports for carers of people with a disability, chronic health condition, aged or mental health support needs. These supports, including paid support staff and counselling, are not means tested and can be provided regardless of whether the person being supported has NDIS funding. Call 1800 422 737.
- Carers Victoria is the peak body for carers in Victoria and provides education workshops, peer support groups and information services for carers. Call 1800 514 845.