Get trusted and accurate information about autism and supports with Amaze’s Autism Advisor service.
The Autism Advisor service provides general autism information, and referrals to assist you in identifying appropriate and relevant services. Our friendly team offers expert advice in many areas, including:
- Assessment and diagnosis
- Referrals to services
- Peer support connections
- Finding autism-friendly places and events
Whether you are an autistic person, a parent or family member, or a professional, we welcome you to contact the Autism Advisor service via phone, email or webchat for a free and confidential conversation.
Please note: this is not a counselling service, nor do we provide healthcare referrals. However, we can provide information about accessing these services.
Contact the Amaze Autism Advisor service
Available from 8am to 7pm, Monday to Friday
Phone: 1300 308 699
Webchat: Click the black speech bubble icon on your screen
If you need immediate support, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Parentline on 13 22 89
- Lifeline (13 11 14) offers crisis support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Parentline (13 22 89) is a phone service for parents and carers of children under 18 open from 8am to midnight, 7 days a week
- Support Groups can be a place meet others and get support from people who understand. You can find a list of Support Groups here.
- Local councils offer services and support. To find out what is offered by your council, contact your local council and ask for the Metro or Rural Access Officer.
- For respite options in your area, contact the Commonwealth Respite & Carelink Centre on 1800 052 222 for support during business hours. Should you be in need of emergency respite or need support outside standard business hours call 1800 059 059.
- Carers Victoria offer advice, information and support for carers to improve their health, wellbeing, financial security and resilience. They also offer up to 6 free counselling sessions. Contact the Carer’s Victoria Advisory Line on 1800 242 636