Transition to Secondary School Forum 2019
This forum will discuss how to prepare autistic students for a smooth transition into secondary school and is designed for both teachers and parents. We will be providing information about ways that schools and families can support autistic people to have the best possible experience starting secondary school.
Some topics that will be discussed, include:
- What is a good transition?
- Communication between home and the school
- Preparing for the transition
- Developing a transition plan
- Strategies to support student independence at high school
Our guest speakers include Anna Rigoni, a school principal with over 22 years’ experience in a range of mainstream, specialist and alternative schools, as well as an autistic teenager and their mother. Each speaker will each share a unique perspective and practical advice.
- Mon., 24 June 2019
- VicSuperLevel 9, 171 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3053
- *a quiet room will be available
- 9.30am – 3.30pm
- $49 per person