The Spectrum – Quarterly Magazine for Members
The Spectrum Magazine is an important means of communication to all Amaze members, providing:
- Theme-based feature articles
- News for the ASD community
- Information on helpful equipment/products
- Updates on current ASD research
- Features on various autism-related services in Victoria
- Dates for events and training sessions
- Classified advertising to help you find services and products
- Summaries on new books about ASDs and related topics
- Letters to the editor
- Fundraising updates and organisation news
The Spectrum is posted out quarterly to all current members – individuals, families, professionals, support staff, educators, the medical profession and all those who have a specific interest in keeping up to date on ASDs.
Themes for The Spectrum
Editorial for The Spectrum is generated by knowledgeable experts both inside Amaze and in wider community and to provide a focus for each issue, a theme is chosen. Themes for the 4 issues in 2013 are:
- Autumn: ASD and the 5 Senses – the sensory issues faced by individuals with ASD
- Winter:Getting on in life – life skills and communication skills can be learned/improved throughout life
- Spring: New diagnostic criteria… New funding regimes – how the DSM5 and the arrival of the NDIS might affect our community
- Summer: Relationships and Families – keeping the whole family healthy amidst a chaotic life!
Editorial Submissions Welcome
We welcome editorial submissions and items that will be of interest to our readers. Please read the Editorial Guidelines carefully before submitting your item, noting that we do not guarantee inclusion.
Advertising in The Spectrum
The Spectrum has a highly specialised readership of individuals, parents and families (around 80%) and professionals working with individuals with ASDs (20%). Circulation is approximately 2,500 and readership stands at around 5,000.
The audience is higlhy targeted, with a strong interest in Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Classified Advertising and Display Advertising opportunities are available, but space is limited. Advertising booking and artwork deadlines are shown below.
If you would like a sample copy of The Spectrum, please call 03 9657 1611 or email us.
|Issue||Winter 2013||Spring 2013||Summer 13-14||Autumn 2014|
|Advertising Booking Deadline||Fri 10 May||Fri 9 Aug||Fri 1 Nov||Fri 7 Feb|
|Editorial Submission Deadline||Fri 10 May||Fri 9 Aug||Fri 1 Nov||Fri 7 Feb|
Please note that the Spectrum Committee has the final say on all content including advertisements and editorial offered for publication. Amaze has a responsibility to members to act with care and caution in relation to speculative treatments, opinions and claims. Content relating to such treatments will be put before the Internal Ethics Guidance Group to determine if it is acceptable.