Information for the Professional Autism Community
(Including the Autism Research Community, Autism Practitioners and Autism Services)
The more you know about Autism Spectrum Disorders, the more you are able to assist those individuals who come to you for help. If you cannot find what you are looking for here, contact our Professional AdviceLine on 1300 598 272.
ASD Case Consultant Practitioners – they are here to help you!
As part of the implementation of the Autism State Plan, the Department of Human Services (DHS) funds the employment of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Case Consultation Practitioners in each DHS region across Victoria.
These practitioners are responsible for:
- Providing secondary consultation to disability case managers so they can better support people with ASD, their families and carers
- Developing or building on existing local networks across service sectors, to enhance linkages and pathways
- Creating communities of practice to provide a means of continual learning and development for disability services staff
List of Case Consultant Practitioners
Details of your regional ASD Case Consultation Practitioner (CCP) can be found here: ASD Case Consultant Practitioners. If your region is not on the list, contact our AdviceLine on 1300 598 272 for assistance.
Keep up to date with current theory and practice with training and professional development.
Find out what events are coming up
Subscribe to the Case Consultant Practitioner Metro eNews
(North West, Eastern Metro and Southern Metro regions)
Type your email address into the box below to subscribe:
Current ASD Research
See what research is being conducted in Victoria, around Australia and overseas.
Find out about Current Research Projects
If you are planning a research project or currently conducting research and require volunteers, you can list your project on our website and take advantage of our Volunteer Database.
If you have a specific research question, visit the Olga Tennison Autism Research Centre (OTARC) website where you can use the Ask a Researcher facility. Visit OTARC’s Website.
There are some great Autism Spectrum Disorder books and other resources:
- See our Autism Spectrum Disorder Recommended Reading List
- See our Asperger’s Syndrome Recommended Reading List
- List of Specialist Bookshops
- Online resources
Become a Member
Professional Membership of Autism Victoria trading as Amaze entitles you to a range of benefits including:
- Discounts on attending events including the Victorian Autism Conference
- Subscription to our quarterly magazine, “The Spectrum”
- Access to the Autism Library – a specialist Autism Spectrum Disorder resource for families and professionals