Learn More About Autism Spectrum Disorder – Learning & Education
Providing training workshops, courses, information sessions and other training opportunities is one of the most important activities that we carry out. We are committed to providing accurate, helpful, cost-effective training opportunities to suit all needs.
Early Days Workshops for those with children aged 0-6
These are information sessions for parents and carers. We provide an Introductory Workshop and a number of skills workshops for parents and carers in the “early days” of their journey through assessment and diagnosis.
Family Information Sessions
We run information sessions specifically for families, once a month throughout the year at our office in Carlton. These sessions are based on specific topics that are of interest to our members, such as mental health and ASDs, or Anxiety and ASDs.
Family Information Sessions are free for our members and non-members are able to attend for a small fee.
Autism Education Sessions
Our Training & Information Team is made up of experienced autism professionals who are able to provide autism education sessions to suit your requirements: each session can be tailored to the needs of the specific group to ensure maximum benefit.
A 1-hour session covering the services the organisation offers: suitable for community groups, workplaces, support groups, service providers etc.
Autism Training Units
A range of training units tailored to suit the requirements of the group, each unit running for approximately 3 hours. The “Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorders” is the base unit and a pre-requisite for all others. A number of standard topics are available and others can be provided according to requirements.
The Amaze Knowledge RTO delivers a range of structured and personalised education courses for individuals, services and organisations directly involved in supporting individuals and families with ASD and associated needs.
- Effective communication strategies
- Management techniques for enhanced staff performance
- Organisation-specific practical applications
Corporate Disability Awareness Training
The Amaze Knowledge RTO provides corporate disability awareness training:
- Customer Focus: to enable staff to assist individuals with a disability where these individuals are customers of the organisation. This helps your staff recognise the characteristics of an individual with a disability and learn how to assist them respectfully and with dignity.
- Staff and Management Focus: to improve staff and management awareness and support of diversity in the workplace. This improves inclusion for diverse staff members and helps to provide a positive workplace where differences are understood and respected.
The Amaze Knowledge Registered Training Organisation (RTO) provides the following nationally recognised Certified Training Course:
CHCCS413B Support individuals with autism spectrum disorder
Workshops & Other Training
From time to time, we have the opportunity to put on one-off workshops with visiting experts and professionals, often from overseas.
Find out what’s on