- Karen has worked in accounting roles and is a regular presenter at Amaze’s workshops for parents, sharing her family’s experience of the NDIS pilot. Karen is autistic and is a parent of three sons on the autism spectrum.
- Committee Roles: Member of Finance, Audit and Risk Committee, Board observer.
- Paul has a Bachelor of Arts and is currently in his second year of a Law degree (JD). Paul identifies as Aspergers and is a trombone player with the Melbourne Lawyers Orchestra.
- Committee Roles: Member of Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Committee, Board observer.
| Stacey Smith
- Stacey is the founder of The Sisterhood Society Australia who facilitate online support groups that provide friendship and acceptance to autistic women and families throughout Australia and Internationally. She is an autistic woman and mother to autistic daughters. She continues to be motivated by advocacy in this area with a passion to enhance current supports and acceptance for autistic women and girls.
- Committee Roles: Member of Policy Committee, Board observer.
|Dr Jason Coonan
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Science (Honours) from La Trobe University; Doctor of Philosophy; Master of Intellectual Property Law from The University of Melbourne; Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Experience: Jason is an innovation sector executive with a strong background in successfully leading teams to maximise benefits from intellectual assets at scientific research and development organisations. His experience spans leveraging technologies, training programs and scientific expertise across multiple disciplines with partners in industry and government. He also has experience as a non executive company director. He is a former neuroscience researcher with a passion for improving mental health outcomes in Australia. Jason has two children on the autism spectrum.
- Committee Roles: Member of Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Committee.