Transition to Secondary School Forum: guest speakers announced
Amaze has announced a Transition to Secondary School Forum, ideal for parents and teachers, for May 23.
The forum is designed for:
- Parents of children in Year 6 transitioning to secondary school in 2018
- Teachers looking for ideas on how to support transition
- The what, how and when of conversations with school
- School funding and the changes from primary to secondary
- How to support executive functioning weaknesses
- Girls – social awareness and social cliques
- I CAN Network: Carla Burn shares her lived experience
- School: A Director of Educational Support Services will discuss working together for successful transitions
- Parent: Mel Spencer, who has three children on the autism spectrum. Mel has two girls and a boy and all present differently. In her words, life is a roller coaster. Mel’s background is law enforcement, having spent 18 years with Victoria Police. She has since become a tireless advocate for her children and many others. She is passionate about making a difference and finding creative ways to overcome the challenges and obstacles that present along the way. Mel is the co-founder of ‘different journeys’ , volunteers with Maroondah Council and Life Assist as the co-ordinator for Pathways for Carers Program, a walking group for carers of people with a mental illness and disability.
Transition to Secondary School Forum
Date & Time: Tuesday 23rd May 2017, 9am – 4pm
Venue: Level 9, 171 Collins Street, Melbourne
Tickets: Standard Price $195 (incl. GST) per person
Amaze Member Price $145 (incl. GST) per person
*As with all Amaze forums, we have preferential tickets for autistic attendees.
To enquire about preferential tickets contact Claire Holden; Phone: 03 9657 1621, email: firstname.lastname@example.org