Does your child on the spectrum wander? Online training
Amaze, in conjunction with the Department of Education, has launched a free online training module for parents of children who wander.
This training will introduce you to positive behaviour support as a method to manage wandering behaviour.
This on-line course covers:
- Wandering & behaviours of concern
- Positive behaviour support
- How to use positive behaviour support
- Finding out why your child wanders
- Restrictive interventions
- Resources that you can use to find help
After completing the online course, you will have the option to attend one of the six forums being held around Victoria in March and April 2017.
Who is eligible?
Parents, carers, grandparents, step-parent and foster carers, whose:
- Child is on the autism spectrum and wanders
- Child is pre-school, primary or high school aged
- Family lives in Victoria
This online module is self-paced. You can log in and out at any time.
To register in the training go to: www.learningseat.com/wandering
Once you register, click on “Add to Cart” to participate in the course.
You might like to read the Amaze Wandering Paper