Lion King – Autism-Friendly Performance – Sat 8 August
The show is on Saturday, 8 August 2015 at 1.30pm at the Regent Theatre. The show has already been on in Brisbane and Sydney, and has been a huge success.
This specially adapted performance is suitable for people on the autism spectrum and their families, to see this award-winning production in a friendly and supportive environment.
There are a number of changes being made to both the environment and the production itself which we’ve highlighted below:
- Removal of strobe lighting
- Reduction of jarring sounds and lights focused into the audience
- House lights dimmed
- Flexibility to bring your own snacks
- Flexibility to leave and enter the theatre as required
- Trained staff will be on hand, and dedicated quiet and activity areas set up, should anyone need to leave their seats
- A range of family friendly pricing is offered starting from $50 per ticket
Phone: 1300 889 278 (Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm)
Visit: Regent Theatre Box Office, 191 Collins St Melbourne or Princess Theatre Box Office, 163 Spring St Melbourne. Opening Hours: Tues to Sat 9am to 5pm and Sun 1pm to 4pm.